Your students will love learning about Forms of Energy with these engaging and hands-on foldables, investigations, sorts, explore activities, real life applications, graphic organizers and more. Additionally, you receive review games, project ideas and a Forms of Energy assessment. This Forms of Energy unit includes no prep activities and worksheets for: light energy, heat energy, sound energy, electrical energy, mechanical energy, chemical energy and more.
Use these activities as part of your forms of energy unit or break them apart and focus on each energy type individually. Activities are perfect for whole class science lessons, the science lab, science test prep, small group instruction and even independent centers. Fill your science lesson plans with these fun and engaging Forms of Energy activities.
Click here to preview what’s included in this bundle!
Forms of Energy Activity Topics Covered:
- Light Energy
- Heat Energy
- Sound Energy
- Mechanical Energy
- Electrical Energy and Circuits
- Chemical Energy
- Electrical Conductors and Insulators
- Static Electricity
- Potential and Kinetic Energy
- Energy Transfers
Forms of Energy Activities and Worksheets includes:
• List of Materials
• Teacher Directions for Every Activity
• Forms of Energy Foldable
• Light: Reflection, Refraction, Absorption Foldable
• How Does Light Travel? Investigation
• How Does Light Travel? Sort
• Heat: Conduction, Convection, and Radiation Foldable
• Heat/Thermal Energy Investigation
• How Does Heat Travel? Sort
• Conductors/Insulators Sort
• Sound Energy Instrument
• Sound Energy Investigation
• Sound Energy Explore
• Static Electricity Explore
• Static Electricity Investigation
• Static Electricity Real Life Application
• Potential, Kinetic, and Mechanical Energy Foldable
• Mechanical Energy Real Life Application
• Marshmallow Catapults Experiment
• Mechanical Energy Apply
• Electrical Energy Real Life Application
• Electrical Energy Scavenger Hunt Explore
• Electrical Energy Investigation
• Chemical Energy Real Life Application
• Chemical Energy Investigation
• Energy Transfers Real Life Application
• How does energy cause motion or create change? Graphic Organizer
• Forms of Energy Review
• Game: Don’t Say It!
• Discussion Cards
• Game: What Am I?
• Matching Vocabulary Cards
• Forms of Energy Project
• Forms of Energy Assessment
All of these activities can be completed with commonly found household items.
Supply List for Forms of Energy Activities:
• Clear Cup With Water
• Black Construction Paper
• Mirror Or Something Shiny
• Room Temperature Water
• Red Food Coloring
• Ice Cubes
• Candle/Match (Teacher Demonstration)
• Popsicle Sticks
• Plastic Drinking Straws
• Wide Rubber Bands
• Smaller, Narrower Rubber Bands
• Mini Marshmallows
• Plastic Spoons
• Zipper Storage bags
• Toilet Paper/Paper Towel
• Baking Soda
• Small Light Bulbs
• Wire Cutters
Science Units for Other Topics:
- Scientific Method
- Solar System
- Water Cycle
- Natural Disasters
- States of Matter
Florida Science Standards Covered:
SC.5.P.10.1 Investigate and describe some basic forms of energy, including light, heat, sound, electrical, chemical, and mechanical.
SC.5.P.10.2 Investigate and explain that energy has the ability to cause motion or create change.
SC.5.P.10.3 Investigate and explain that an electrically-charged object can attract an uncharged object and can either attract or repel another charged object without any contact between the objects
SC.5.P.10.34 Investigate and explain that electrical energy can be transformed into heat, light, and sound energy, as well as the energy of motion.
Click here to purchase the download on TeachersPayTeachers.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: email@example.com
There are no reviews yet.