Excite your students with this static electricity lesson and investigation and bring the concepts of energy and electricity to life! This forms of energy lesson on static electricity is sure to be a one that your students won’t stop talking about. Your 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students will love the interactive nature of these forms of energy worksheets when investigating and experimenting with static electricity.
All of these activities can be completed with commonly found household items which save you time and effort. This Static Electricity lesson includes teacher directions, explore page, balloon investigation, static electricity real world application activity, 2 exit slip options (great for a quick forms of energy assessment on static electricity or to check for understanding), a mastery tracking sheet, and answer keys.
Use these activities as part of your forms of energy unit or just as a lesson on static electricity. These activities are perfect for whole class science lessons, the science lab, science test prep, small group instruction and even independent centers. Just download this lesson and you will be on your way to exciting science learning! View the Preview file to see all that this resource includes.
⭐⭐ You can grab this resource as part of the Forms of Energy Bundle and save over 50% ⭐⭐
Static Electricity Includes:
- List of Materials
- Teacher Directions
- Static Electricity Explore
- Static Electricity Investigation
- Static Electricity Real Life Application
- 2 Exit Slip Options
- Mastery Tracking Sheet
- Answer Keys
Supply List for Static Electricity Activities:
Florida Science Standards Covered:
- SC.5.P.10.1 Investigate and describe some basic forms of energy, including light, heat, sound, electrical, chemical, and mechanical.
- SC.5.P.10.2 Investigate and explain that energy has the ability to cause motion or create change.
- SC.5.P.10.3 Investigate and explain that an electrically-charged object can attract an uncharged object and can either attract or repel another charged object without any contact between the objects
More Fun and Engaging Science Activities:
- 5th Grade Science Bundle
- Science Experiments Bundle
- Forms of Energy Unit BUNDLE
- Physical and Chemical Changes Board Game
Let’s Stay Connected!
⭐ Follow Chloe Campbell Education on TpT to be notified of new products and sales
⭐ Visit the Chloe Campbell Education website for teaching tips and ideas
⭐ Check out Chloe Campbell Education on Instagram
Earn Free TpT Credits!
Leave feedback on your purchases to earn free TpT Credits that can be used on future purchases. Just visit My Purchases and click on Provide Feedback to leave review and earn TpT credits.