Students will LOVE independent reading with these book review templates! These are low prep and loved by both students and teachers. Just print on colored paper and start creating an easy to maintain reading bulletin board. Writing book reviews will help students develop comprehension skills, expand vocabulary, help with understanding what they’ve read, and even allows students to make connects with each other.
I keep a pile of book review templates in one area so students can easily access them. When a child finishes independently reading a book, they complete a book review and hang it on the bulletin board. If other students don’t know what to read next, they can check out the reading bulletin board to see what books classmates would recommend!
My favorite part? This turns into instant seasonal bulletin board! Change out with every month/season or keep it the same all year long.
What does this reading bulletin board include?
- 12 Book Review Templates for each month, holiday, and season
- Half Page or Quarter Page Sizes Available
- Bulletin Board Letters that spell out “Books We Love” and “Book Reviews”
- Easel Version Available
This resource includes pages for 12 themes:
• Winter (mittens)
• New Year (party hats)
• Valentine’s Day (hearts)
• St. Patrick’s Day (shamrocks)
• Spring (raindrops)
• Easter (eggs)
• Summer (buckets)
• Back to School (clipboards)
• Fall (pumpkins)
• Halloween (ghosts)
• Thanksgiving (turkeys)
• Christmas (Christmas trees)
Each Theme Includes:
• Bulletin Board Letters: “Book Reviews!”
• Bulletin Board Letters: “Books We Love!”
• Half Page Reading Responses
• Quarter Page Reading Responses
Every Reading Response Shape Includes:
• Book Title
• 10 Stars to color in
• I gave this book __ out of 10 stars because…
• Book Summary
• Book Review By…
• Fiction/Non-Fiction Checkboxes
Tips for Using This Independent Reading Accountability Resource:
- All of the pages are printer friendly – only uses black ink. If you want to add color to your reading bulletin board, just print on any colored paper and you’ll be ready to go!
- When a student finishes a book, have them go to the book review area. Always have a few book review templates ready for students to complete. If you want to make even less work for yourself, have students add their own book review to the bulletin board.
*Click on PREVIEW to see more!
Teachers Like You Say This:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This was really organized, helpful, and engaging for my special ed students. They enjoyed completing the tasks individually, with a partner, or in groups. THANK YOU!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Such a cute way for students to not only showcase a book they read, but also to change up a bulletin board every month with the theme. Super cute and the students love it!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “One of the best purchases I made! I have this up in my classroom and it is so much fun for students and looks great up on the wall. Highly recommend this product!”
Looking for other reading incentive resources?