Engage your 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students with this fun Writing Boot Camp as they prepare for the state testing or as a year long resource. This Writing Boot Camp resource will help your students practice opinion writing and informative writing skills by working with a flipbook full of advice, tips, and checklists for writing. This writing test prep resource reviews important writing skills like: editing, how to hook your reader, opinion words and phrases, informative words and phrases, transition words, higher level vocabulary, revising checklists, etc. Everything you need to immerse your students in the Boot Camp theme is included in this fun and engaging writing test prep resource.
Writing Flipbook includes:
- Flipbook Cover with Boot Camp theme
- Opinion Writing checklist
- Informative writing checklist
- Hook Your Reader
- Opinion Words & Phrases
- Informative Words & Phrases
- Transition Words
- Figurative Language
- Sentence Stems for Text Evidence (2 versions)
- Using Quotation Marks
- Editing Checklist
- CUPS (Edit)
- ARMS (Revise)
- Informative Writing
- Opinion Writing (3 versions)
- SWAG (Sentence Editing)
- RACE (Paragraph Writing)
- TREES (Paragraph Writing)
- OREO (Opinion Writing)
Ideas for creating a fun Boot Camp experience:
- Use provided dog tags to assign students to groups. Each student who receives the “Navy” tag will be in the Navy group, etc.
- Use camouflage strips to decorate your classroom prior to “boot camp” starting
- If you are able, purchase camo ribbon, military accessories, etc. to get your students excited about writing boot camp!
Your students will love the Writing Boot Camp and won’t even realize how much they are learning. A great test prep activity or use any time of the year for a writing-intensive. Perfect for FSA / STAAR / AIR / State Standardized Test preparation.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org