Engage your 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students with this fun Writing Boot Camp as they prepare for the state testing and end of the year assessments. This Writing Boot Camp resource will help your students practice opinion writing and informative writing skills by working through interactive station activities. This writing test prep resource reviews important writing skills like: punctuation, writing prompts, figurative language, grammar, and complex sentences. Everything you need to immerse your students in the Boot Camp theme is included in this fun and engaging writing test prep resource.
Writing Boot Camp Test Prep Stations for Opinion and Informative Writing includes:
- 5 Secret Missions ( aka Writing Stations )
- Each mission includes student directions, recording sheets, sorting cards and answer keys
- Each mission comes in Camouflage or Black & White option
- Writing Station signs
- Blank Camo Labels (great to use as name tags, station labels, group names, etc.)
1. Informative vs. Opinion Writing Prompt Sort
2. FIgurative Language Sort
3. Correct Punctutation
4. There, Their, They’re
5. Create Stronger Sentences
Each station comes with signs, directions, recording sheets to hold students accountable, and answer keys.
Ideas for creating a fun Boot Camp experience:
- Use provided dog tags to assign students to groups. Each student who receives the “Navy” tag will be in the Navy group, etc.
- Use camouflage strips to decorate your classroom prior to “boot camp” starting
- If you are able, purchase camo ribbon, military accessories, etc. to get your students excited about writing boot camp!
Your students will love the Writing Boot Camp and won’t even realize how much they are learning. A great test prep activity or use any time of the year for a writing intensive. Perfect for FSA / STAAR / AIR / State Standardized Test preparation.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: email@example.com