Engage your 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students with this fun Writing Boot Camp as they prepare for the state testingand end of the year assessments. This Writing Boot Camp resource will help your students practice opinion writing and informative writing skills. With the included checklists, your students will develop strong writing habits and a mental checklist they can use on the big test. This writing test prep resource also reviews important writing skillslike: punctuation, writing prompts, figurative language, grammar, and complex sentences. Everything you need to immerse your students in the Boot Camp theme is included in this fun and engaging writing test prep resource.
Writing Boot Camp Test Prep Activities for Opinion and Informative Writing includes:
- 5 Secret Missions ( aka Writing Stations )
- Each mission includes student directions, recording sheets, sorting cards and answer keys
- Each mission comes in Camouflage or Black & White option
- Writing Checklists and Reference Cards (Writing Flipbook)
- Bulletin Board decor options
- Writing Station signs
- Blank Camo Labels (great to use as name tags, station labels, group names, etc.)
Writing Flipbook includes:
- Flipbook Cover with Boot Camp theme
- Opinion Writing Checklist
- Informative writing checklist
- Hook Your Reader
- Opinion Words & Phrases
- Informative Words & Phrases
- Transition Words
- Figurative Language
- Sentence Stems for Text Evidence (2 versions)
- Using Quotation Marks
- Editing Checklist
- CUPS (Edit)
- ARMS (Revise)
- Informative Writing
- Opinion Writing (3 versions)
- SWAG (Sentence Editing)
- RACE (Paragraph Writing)
- TREES (Paragraph Writing)
- OREO (Opinion Writing)
Ideas for creating a fun Boot Camp experience:
- Use provided dog tags to assign students to groups. Each student who receives the “Navy” tag will be in the Navy group, etc.
- Use camouflage strips to decorate your classroom prior to “boot camp” starting
- If you are able, purchase camo ribbon, military accessories, etc. to get your students excited about writing boot camp!
Your students will love the Writing Boot Camp and won’t even realize how much they are learning. A great test prep activity or use any time of the year for a writing intensive. Perfect for FSA / STAAR / AIR / State Standardized Test preparation.
Teachers Like You Say:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students loved this resource! I used it for tutoring and did the stations and it worked AMAZING! Great resource to teach writing and practice writing skills. ”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students loved this resource. They loved working together as a team to solve the writing tasks. All students were engaged!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This was the perfect way to create a helpful guide for my students to use during writing. It was very concise and they enjoyed making their own resource booklets.”
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org