Celebrate Pancake Day with this real world math project, science and writing activities! The pancake lesson includes recipes and response pages where students practice their writing, reading, math, and science skills. Cooking pancakes is a sure way to engage your students by making real world connections while learning and practicing skills from all of the core subjects!
Need a reason to make pancakes?
- Lists of pancake related dates and holidays
Recipes for Pancakes
- Pancakes from scratch
- Chocolate chip pancakes
- Blueberry pancakes
- Pancake Day Special: Create your own recipe
Pancake Lesson Student Response Pages
- How-to Make Pancakes Writing Activity
- Pancake Lesson – Sequencing
- Real World Math Project – Measuring
- Real World Math Project – Adding Fractions
- Real World Math Project – Multiplying/Dividing Fractions
- Science of Cooking – Chemical/Physical Changes
- Science of Cooking – Mixtures and Solutions
- Science of Cooking – Heat Energy
- Science of Cooking – Energy Transfers
- Science of Cooking – Conductors/Insulators
Get your students cooking while meeting standards! Students follow recipes to cook pancakes to practice their reading and math skills. Then you can assign a variety of response pages to follow up the hands on pancake lesson! Choose from writing activities where students explain how to cook pancakes, real world math projects where students practice math skills associated with cooking or science of cooking activities where students relate science concepts to pancake cooking. View the Preview to find out exactly what this Pancake Day resource includes.
Here’s what other teachers have to say about these Pancake Day Activities…
⭐ “We used this for our Pancake Day and my kids LOVED it.”
⭐ “My students loved the recipes!”
⭐ “Yummy resource for procedural text!”
Check out these other engaging resources for your upper elementary classroom:
Earn Free TpT Credits!
Leave feedback on your purchases to earn free TpT Credits that can be used on future purchases. Just visit My Purchases and click on Provide Feedback to leave review and earn TpT credits.