Looking to grab students’ attention during the first week of school with fun and easy science experiments? These super fun back to school science experiments are perfect for your first week of school science activities.
These are a great way to celebrate back to school while introducing academic activities your students will love. Your upper elementary students already love science stations, so add some back to school science experiments to those science activities!
Your first week of school science activities are not only fun, but also easy. These science experiments use common household items making them a breeze for you to prepare for your students. These easy science experiments will have your students using hands-on investigation skills to create some super fun science experiments.
Fun Beginning Of School Year Science Activities and Experiments includes:
- UnPOPpable Baggies
- Which Glue Stick Brand Works the Best?
- Which Hoop Flyer Design will Travel the Farthest Distance?
- Which Keeps Your Hands the Cleanest?
- Tallest and Strongest Cup Towers
- Ziploc Baggie, Water, Sharp Round Pencils
- 3 Different Brands of Glue Sticks, Paper
- Straws, Tape, Paper
- Bread Slides, Hand Sanitizer, Soap and Water, Baggies, marker
- Cups, Measuring Tape, Textbooks
What’s Included in this download?
- Materials Page
- Student Recording Sheets that include materials and procedures
- 5 Science Activities
Why Should I Use Science Experiments During the First Week of School?
- Hands-on activities create a level of student buy-in. There’s motivation to learn and grow now that the student has enjoyed a learning activity.
- Experiments allow for a great starting point for classroom discussion, problem-solving, and interactions between students and teacher.
- Hands-on activities will also allow students to be social. This will be a great relationship building activity for students.
- Have fun with your students! They are able to see your personality and you are able to learn more about them, too.
With the printable pages, you can send them home for students to make with their families, too!
Teachers Like You Say:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This was so fun and engaging for the first week of school!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students love science! These activities were perfect and easy to implement at the beginning of the year.”
Looking for even more fun science activities for your class?
- Experiment BUNDLE – Check out the seasonal bundle with over 60 experiments included!
- 5th Grade Science Board Games – Use these engaging science games to keep students practicing new skills while having fun!
- 5th Grade Science Review Flip Book – With over 25 topics included, students will love reviewing science standards!