Searching for a way to teach students how to use accountable talk stems? Being able to politely discuss topics in a classroom setting is a challenge for every student. With a little creativity and some clever anchor charts, your students will be utilizing these accountable talk posters as a guide for class, small group and peer to peer discussions.
Empower your students with strong communication skills and social skills. With 40 accountable talk stems, students will feel empowered to voice their opinions without being disrespectful. Print these posters set on brightly colored card stock and hang in your room. Accountable talk empowers students to engage in conversations about any topic in a respectful manner.
The Accountable Talk Anchor Charts and Accountable Talk Posters includes:
- 8 Full-Page pennants to hang in your classroom
- 8 Half-Page size pennants to hang in your classroom
- 8 Small pennants (mini anchor charts) for students to keep on their tables or desks; also a great size to glue into student notebooks
Accountable Talk Anchor Charts and Accountable Talk Posters help to remind your students to be respectful to their peers while participating in evidence-based discussions while learning.
Accountable Talk Anchor Charts and Accountable Talk Posters symbols include:
✸ : Expectations of Accountable Talk
✔ : Agree Statements
✘ : Disagree Statements
! : Excitement Statements
✐: Writing Statements
♥ : Opinion Statements
★ : Connection Statements
? : I’m Confused/Explain More Statements
How to implement these accountable talk stems:
- Display large pennants at the front of the classroom. Discuss the expectations (on the burst pennant).
- Place the miniature pennants on each students’ desk so they can easily refer to them during class time.
- Give a guiding question to your class to begin the accountable talk time. It can connect to an article the students read, a math problem, an event in history, or even a science experiment!
*Printer friendly resource! Everything in this document is black ink. You can print on color paper to add a POP if you’d like!
Be sure to check out these other amazing classroom resources you and your students are sure to love!