Valentine’s Day Science Experiments are the perfect way to review science concepts while having fun. Keep your students learning on Valentine’s Day with these engaging, hands-on science activities! This is great for small group rotations or whole group demonstrations!
I love doing these Valentine’s Day themed science stations in my classroom! They are a fun way to keep students engaged during a candy-filled day. Your students are sure to learn and enjoy it either way! 🙂
Each activity included lists enough ingredients for a group of 4-5 students. If you have enough time in advance, you could send sign up sheet home with students requesting these materials. There are many activities that have flexible materials, depending on what you have in your pantry or around your classroom.
This file includes:
- 1 materials needed page
- 8 station rotation activities and recording sheets
Station Rotation Activities:
- Disappearing Hearts
- Dissolving Hearts
- Sparkly Explosion
- Secret Messages
- Heart Catapults
- Building a Heart Tower
- Valentine’s Day Slime
- Crystal Hearts
*The only activity that requires use of hot water is the “Crystal Hearts”. I used a microwave to heat the water, but you could also use a kettle or Keurig.
Why Should I Use Science Experiments on Valentine’s Day?
- We all know how students behave on this exciting holiday! These experiments and investigations will keep your students fully engaged.
- Behavior problems will decrease as student engagement increases!
- Hands-on activities create a level of student buy-in. There’s motivation to learn and grow now that the student has enjoyed a learning activity.
- Experiments allow for a great classroom discussion, problem-solving, and interactions between students and teacher.
- Hands-on activities will also allow students to be social. This will be a great relationship building activity for students.
- Have fun with your students! They are able to see your personality and you are able to learn more about them, too.
With the printable pages, you can send them home for students to make with their families, too!
Teachers Like You Say This:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students loved this! We used these for our class Valentine’s Day party. The kids had a great time and were learning!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “We had a blast using these stations and it will be one of the most memorable parties that I put together. Thank you!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “It was so much fun doing these activities with my students! Definitely will be using this every year!”
Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
Having difficulty with a file?
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.