Keep your students engaged before Thanksgiving break with these hands-on Thanksgiving science activities! This fun filled science learning packet will have your students engaged in five different science experiments. These Thanksgiving science experiments can be done as a whole class, as stations, or sent home with students to do with their families.
In this Thanksgiving science activity download you will receive the following 5 science experiments: Create a Parade Float, How to Make Homemade Butter, Turkey Baster Races, Turkey Balloon Rockets, and Cranberry Towers. These Thanksgiving science experiments are sure to be a hit with your students and will help you keep them engaged through the holiday season.
Click here to see this source in action!
Thanksgiving Science Activities and Experiments includes:
- 1 Materials Needed page
- 5 Student Recording pages with activity instructions
Thanksgiving Science Experiments include:
- Create a Parade Balloon Float
- How to Make Homemade Butter
- Turkey Baster Races
- Turkey Balloon Rockets
- Cranberry Towers
Looking for a bundle with over 60 science experiments? Save 40% and have something educational for every holiday! Click here.
Why Should I Use Science Experiments on Halloween?
- Students are often incredibly energetic on Halloween. Instead of trying to teach boring concepts on a holiday, allow students to have fun while still learning science.
- Hands-on activities create a level of student buy-in. There’s motivation to learn and grow now that the student has enjoyed a learning activity.
- Hands-on activities will also allow students to be social. This will help you channel student energy into something academic.
- Have fun with your students! They are able to see your personality and you are able to learn more about them, too.
With the printable pages, you can send them home for students to make with their families, too!
Click here to purchase the download on TeachersPayTeachers.
Looking for even more fun science activities for your class?
- Experiment BUNDLE – Check out the seasonal bundle with over 60 experiments included!
- 5th Grade Science Board Games – Use these engaging science games to keep students practicing new skills while having fun!
- 5th Grade Science Review Flip Book – With over 25 topics included, students will love reviewing science standards!
There are no reviews yet.