Use these paired passages with a highly engaging writing prompt to keep students engaged during your dreaded writing block! Students will read the two sources and the writing prompt, plan out their essay, and write a four- or five-paragraph informative essay.
Click here to see this source in action!
This Paired Passages Informative Writing Prompt Includes:
- Text Source #1
- Text Source #2
- Writing Prompt: How do Adaptations Help Plants and Animals Survive?
- Planning Sheets
- Writing Paper
Spark a love of writing with this high-interest writing prompt. A great way to meet multiple standards with one activity.
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly. -CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.5.2
- Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text. -CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.5.1
- Integrate information from several texts on the same topic in order to write or speak about the subject knowledgeably. -CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.5.9
- Individual Writing Practice
- Whole Group Instruction
- Partner Practice
- Substitute Plans
- Send Home as Practice
- ELA Work Stations or Centers
Click here to purchase the download on TeachersPayTeachers.
I am the author of each text, I just used different author names so students could practice citing different names.
*This was designed to be perfect practice for state writing tests! Directly aligned with Florida’s FSA format, but probably similar to your state, too!
Be sure to check out these resources you and your students are sure to love!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
Having difficulty with a file?
Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q& A tab before leaving feedback.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.