Keep your students engaged during October with these hands-on Halloween themed science activities! This fun-filled science activity pack will have your students engaged in five different science experiments. These Halloween science experiments were originally designed to be done as science stations, however, they can easily be done one at a time as a whole class lesson.
Many of these activities could also be completed during October as part of your science activities and lessons. In this Halloween science resource you will receive the following 5 science experiments: Create a Ghost Balloon, Dissolve Candy Corn, Glow Sticks in Different Water Temperatures, Pumpkin Candy Towers, and Static Electricity! These Halloween science experiments are sure to be a hit with your students and will help you keep them engaged through the crazy month of October.
Fun Halloween Science Stations and October Science Experiments include:
- Create a Ghost Balloon
- What liquid will dissolve candy corn the most?
- What water temperature will make the glow stick last the longest?
- Pumpkin Candy Towers
- Static Electricity
- White balloon, black sharpie, empty water bottle, vinegar, baking soda
- 3 different liquids, clear cups, candy corn, spoon, timer, paper towels
- Hot water, room water, ice water, glow sticks, cups, marker
- Pumpkin candies, toothpicks
- Tissue paper, scissors, balloons
What’s Included in this download?
- Materials Page
- Student Recording Sheets that include materials and procedures
- 5 Science Activities
Why Should I Use Science Experiments on Halloween?
- Students are often incredibly energetic on Halloween. Instead of trying to teach boring concepts on a holiday, allow students to have fun while still learning science.
- Hands-on activities create a level of student buy-in. There’s motivation to learn and grow now that the student has enjoyed a learning activity.
- Hands-on activities will also allow students to be social. This will help you channel student energy into something academic.
- Have fun with your students! They are able to see your personality and you are able to learn more about them, too.
With the printable pages, you can send them home for students to make with their families, too!
Looking for even more fun science activities for your class?
- Experiment BUNDLE – Check out the seasonal bundle with over 60 experiments included!
- 5th Grade Science Board Games – Use these engaging science games to keep students practicing new skills while having fun!
- 5th Grade Science Review Flip Book – With over 25 topics included, students will love reviewing science standards!