Hoping to keep your students engaged as count down to the last days of the school year? Use this 10 day countdown of STEAM challenges to keep your students happy during the last two weeks of the school year! Your elementary students are going to love these fun and engaging science experiments. This is the perfect way to keep students engaged, fill the time of the last days of school, and practice STEAM skills. All of these science experiments use common household items which makes them easy to prepare for. You’ll complete one challenge per day for the last ten days of school! Each experiment includes teacher tips, activity directions, and a recording sheet so students can record their observations.
*There are not countdown days written on the recording sheet. You don’t have to do them in order or just for the end of the school year. Feel free to use all year long and/or change the number of items to fit your needs.
Countdown to Summer STEAM Challenges includes:
- Materials Page
- Example Pictures
- Teacher Tips
- 10 Student Recording Sheets (includes directions)
The 10 Day Countdown STEM Activities are:
- 10 Days Left: Using ten cups and ten popsicle sticks, create the tallest structure
- 9 Days Left: Using nine sheets of foil, create a boat that will hold the most amount of weight
- 8 Days Left: Using eight straws, a marble, glue, and a sheet of paper, create a maze
- 7 Days Left: Using seven feet of string, one balloon, and tape, create a balloon rocket
- 6 Days Left: Using six popsicle sticks, rubber bands, and a spoon, create a catapult that launches the farthest
- 5 Days Left: Using five sheets of paper, create a structure that will support the weight of textbooks
- 4 Days Left: Using four paper plates, tape, and a marble, create a roller coaster
- 3 Days Left: Using three sheets of paper and tape, create the longest paper chain
- 2 Days Left: Using two sheets of paper and tape, create the longest paper chain
- 1 Day Left: Using one container of Play-Doh, create model of your favorite memory.
Teachers Like You Say This:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is helping my students stay engaged. Thank you!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “The creativity my students have shown is amazing! Thank you!”
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: email@example.com