Looking for a way to bring science into your literacy block while you teach about animals and life cycles? Students will do a close read about complete and incomplete metamorphosis, answer 10 multiple choice questions, then use graphic organizers to show what they’ve learned.
This science reading comprehension passage, questions, and graphic organizers are the perfect way to connect science and literacy. This passage is a high-interest, non-fiction passage and is a great way to teach life cycles. Students will learn about animal life cycles: complete and incomplete metamorphosis.
Click here to see this source in action!
Life Cycle Text and Activities Includes:
- Non-Fiction Text on Complete and Incomplete Metamorphosis
- 10 Multiple Choice Questions with Answer Key
- Teacher Tips
- Questions to Ask Students
- Close Reading Steps on a Bookmark
Version with “Annotate the Text” and Version with “Mark the Text”
- How to Mark the Text Bookmark
- How to Annotate the Text Bookmark
- 8 Graphic Organizers:
1. Main Ideas with Text Evidence
2. Ideas with Text Evidence
3. Central Ideas with Details
4. Main Idea with Details, Main Idea, Details, Conclusion
6. Overview: Topic, Author’s Purpose, Key Vocabulary, Most Important Thing,
I wonder, Important Facts, Illustration
7. Context Clues (3 versions: 3 words, 4 words, 5 words)
8. Life Cycles
Spark a love of science with this high-interest, science-based reading passage. A great way to meet multiple standards with one activity.
Click here to purchase the download on TeachersPayTeachers.
- Whole Group Instruction
- Partner Practice
- Guided Reading Groups
- Substitute Plans
- Send Home to Practice
- ELA Work Stations or Centers
: A reading strategy that is used to comprehend and analyze a text closely. Students will typically read the text at least twice for comprehension, details, analysis, and deep questioning of the text’s purpose and meaning.
- Read the Text
- Mark Up the Text or Annotate the Text
- Read the Text Again
- Define Unknown Words
- Read the Text Again
- Respond to Reading
See the preview for additional information!
Be sure to check out these informational resources on historical figures you and your students are sure to love!
- U.S. Presidents Informational Articles and Yearbook
- African American History Biographies Informational Articles
- Women in Science Biographies
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
Having difficulty with a file?
Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q& A tab before leaving feedback.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.