What is a scientist? Your students will love learning about careers in STEM and what each scientist job entails. These informational passages provide students with an opportunity to connect science and language arts. These articles can be used all year long or with specific career day exploration activities. Increase your students interest in science careers while reading and answering comprehension questions about the text. View the preview to see more about this engaging career day activity.
Click here to see this source in action!
Careers in Science Informational Text Includes:
- 14 Science Career Informational Texts
- Reading Comprehension Questions for each Career
• Forensic Scientist
• Laboratory Technician
• Marine Biologist
Click here to purchase the download on TeachersPayTeachers.
What’s the best way to use this resource?
- Study one career every day
- Display the articles around your classroom/down the hall. Have students rotate around the room/move through the hallways to read about each career.
- Use daily/weekly in reading or science centers.
- Allow students to pick 2-3 careers to study. Have them share with classmates what they learned about each career.
- Use this activity in a different way? I would love to hear about it!
Looking for more engaging informational text resources?
• Inventors: Informational Articles and Questions
• U.S. Presidents Informational Articles and Yearbook – Presidents Day!
Fun and Engaging Reading resources:
• Book Review Bulletin Board: Entire School Year!
Want to save money on future purchases?
Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
Having difficulty with a file?
Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q& A tab before leaving feedback.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
There are no reviews yet.