Are your students struggling to master rounding decimals? Incorporate these 3 math centers into your unit plans to help your students practice rounding decimals. Each game only requires a few sheets of paper and are low prep. Each math review center also each has a recording sheet to hold students accountable. Students will solve over 80+ problems to practice rounding decimals with these three math centers.
Click here to preview what’s included in this bundle!
- Rounding Decimals Board Game
- Rounding Decimals Matching Game
- Rounding Decimals Spin and Answer Activity
Ways to Use in Your Classroom:
- Centers during decimals lessons
- Workstations to use throughout the school year as spiral review
- Engaging morning work activities
- Early finisher activities
- Whole group practice
- Perfect to leave with a substitute
- Send home to engage students’ families
Tips for Playing the Math Games:
- Read the directions to the students and model how to play.
- Be prepared with dice/spinner and game pieces for each player (paperclips, pencil top erasers, pieces from another game, etc.)
- Every student should solve every problem – not just the person who rolls.
- Create groups of 2-4 students. The lower number of students means the more focused students are while playing.
- Remind students that the focus is not playing the game but that’s just an added bonus! The focus should be on practicing math skills.
- Show students how to compare and discuss answers. Did you both get the same answer? If students get different answers, ask them to solve the problem using a different strategy or help coach each other through the problem.
Do your students need math practice? Students will be playing a game and will often forget that they are even practicing math skills! Research shows that challenge-based gamification in the classroom leads to an increase of 34.755% in student performance (ScienceDirect, 2020).
The best part? Your students will quickly learn the instructions to play the spin and answer games and will get right to work on playing (and practicing) their math skills. This resource is easy to use and requires very little prep. It’s also printer friendly so you’ll only use black ink!
5.NBT.A.4 Use place value understanding to round decimals to any place.
Here’s what other teachers have to say about these highly engaging math games…
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Great resource that made learning fun!”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Fun! I used this as a partner activity and the kids loved it.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “We made games for the class and invited parents in to play the game with their child.”
Click here to purchase the download on TeachersPayTeachers.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are no reviews yet.