Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math puzzles. This year-long bundle has math puzzles for all the 5th grade standards. A great on-going math center, practice after a lesson, small group instruction activity or even early finisher activity. You can also use these math puzzles as a spiral review throughout the year. A fun test prep review too! Your students will love completing these math puzzles while mastering the content standards along the way. This full year bundle includes 29 sets of math puzzles, with each set containing 20 problems. View the preview above to see a detailed look at everything in this huge bundle. You can also find a list of all the skills and concepts included below. Save 50% by purchasing this math puzzle year long bundle for 5th grade.
Click here to preview what’s included in this bundle!
5th Grade Math Puzzles Full Year BUNDLE includes:
• Puzzles List with Standards
• Directions Page
• 29 Puzzle Topics
• Each puzzle set includes 20 problems
• Answer Keys for Each Puzzle
• Recording Sheet for Students
Matching Puzzles Included:
- Order of Operations
- Numerical Patterns Using Rules
- Writing and Solving Expressions
- Multiply Whole Numbers: 2 digit by 2 digit
- Multiply Whole Numbers: 2 digit by 3 digit and 3 digit by 3 digit
- Divide Whole Numbers
- Rounding Decimals
- Comparing Decimals
- Writing Decimals: Standard and Expanded
- Writing Decimals: Standard and Word
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying Decimals
- Dividing Decimals
- Multiplying Powers of Ten
- Multiplying and Dividing Powers of Ten
- Writing Fractions as Division Problems
- Equivalent Fractions
- Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions
- Add and Subtract Fractions w/ Like Denominators
- Add and Subtract Fractions w/ Unlike Denominators
- Multiplying Fractions
- Dividing Fractions
- Measurement Conversions: Customary
- Measurement Conversions: Metric
- Calculate Volume
- Elapsed Time
- Plot Ordered Pairs on a Coordinate Grid
- Classify Quadrilaterals
- Classify Triangles
What does each math game include?
- Teacher Direction page
- 20 Matching Puzzles
- Student Recording Sheet
- Teacher Answer Key
What’s the best way to use these matching games?
- Math Centers or Stations
- Whole Group Practice
- Morning Work
- Early Finisher Activities
- Send home to engage students’ families
Tips for Playing Matching Math Games:
- Print the puzzle pieces on cardstock or regular paper. If you are looking to use them for years, it’s worth the time to laminate them. Cut out the puzzle pieces and store in a labeled plastic baggie.
- Create groups of 2-4 students. The lower number of students means the more focused students are while playing.
- Show students how to compare and discuss answers. Did you both get the same answer? If students get different answers, ask them to solve the problem using a different strategy or help coach each other through the problem.
Do your students need math practice? Students will be playing a game and will often forget that they are even practicing math skills! Research shows that challenge-based gamification in the classroom leads to an increase of 34.755% in student performance (ScienceDirect, 2020).
Teachers Like You Say This:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These are great for small group! I love that they are self-checking, students know they must have the wrong answer if there isn’t a matching puzzle piece.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I have purchased the entire bundle and use these matching activities for every standard all year long. It’s a lifesaver for small group/independent work.”
Click here to purchase the download on TeachersPayTeachers.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: email@example.com
There are no reviews yet.