You’ve found the perfect 4th grade math review! Your 4th graders will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math board games. This year-long bundle has math games for all the 4th grade standards. A great on-going math center, practice after a lesson, small group instruction activity or even early finisher activity. You can also use these math games as a spiral review throughout the year. A fun test prep review, too! Your students will love completing these math board games while mastering the content standards along the way. This full year bundle includes 35 sets of math board games, with each set containing lots of practice problems. View the preview above to see a detailed look at everything in this huge bundle. You can also find a list of all the skills and concepts included below. Save 50% by purchasing this math board game year long bundle for 4th grade.
Click here to preview what’s included in this bundle!
The following items are included in this 100+ page resource:
• Board Games List with Standards
• Directions Page for Students
• 35 Board Games
• Answer Keys for each Board Game
• Recording Sheet for Students (5 different options!)
This resource includes the following board games:
- Identify Points, Lines, Line Segments, Angles
- Identify Points, Lines, Line Segments, Angles in 2D Shapes
- Identify Shapes: Classify 2D Figures
- Classify Triangles
- Lines of Symmetry
- Measurement Conversions Larger to Smaller Units
- Measurement Word Problems
- Area and Perimeter Word Problems
- Fraction Line Plot Word Problems
- Identify Angles
- Measure Angles
- Find Unknown Angle Measurements
- Compare Values of digits x 10
- Whole Numbers in Word and Expanded Form
- Compare Whole Numbers
- Round Whole Numbers
- Subtract Whole Numbers
- Add Whole numbers
- Multiplication Area Models
- Division Area Models
- Equivalent Fractions
- Compare Fractions with Unlike Denominators or Numerators
- Add and Subtract Mixed Numbers with Like Denominators
- Add and Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators Word Problems
- Multiply Fractions by Whole Numbers
- Denominators of 10 and 100
- Convert Decimals to Fractions and Fractions to Decimals
- Compare Decimals
- Multiplication by Comparison
- Multiply and Divide Word Problems
- Multi-Step Word Problems
- Prime or Composite Numbers
What’s the best way to use this board game?
- Math Centers or Stations
- Whole Group Practice
- Morning Work
- Early Finisher Activities
- Send home to engage students’ families
Tips for Playing this Math Game:
- Read the directions to the students and model how to play.
- Be prepared with dice/spinner and game pieces for each player (paperclips, pencil top erasers, pieces from another game, etc.)
- Every student should solve every problem – not just the person who rolls.
- Create groups of 2-4 students. The lower number of students means the more focused students are while playing.
- Remind students that the focus is not playing the game but that’s just an added bonus! The focus should be on practicing math skills.
- Show students how to compare and discuss answers. Did you both get the same answer? If students get different answers, ask them to solve the problem using a different strategy or help coach each other through the problem.
Do your students need math practice? Students will be playing a game and will often forget that they are even practicing math skills! Research shows that challenge-based gamification in the classroom leads to an increase of 34.755% in student performance (ScienceDirect, 2020).
The best part? Your students will quickly learn the instructions to play the board game and will get right to work on playing (and practicing) their math skills. This resource is easy to use and requires very little prep. It’s also printer friendly so you’ll only use black ink!
★ Printer Friendly Resource! All pages are in black ink ONLY. If you are looking to add color, feel free to print on colorful cardstock paper.
Teachers Like You Say This:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Very easy to use and I truly believe students learn best through game play.” -Tony
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students love playing games and a simple, easy prep game like this is a great addition to math centers, early finisher activities, and review days.” -Nicole
Click here to purchase the download on TeachersPayTeachers.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
Questions or comments? Please email me at: email@example.com
There are no reviews yet.